Creamy Beer Cheese Chicken With Crispy Bacon is ready in less than 20 minutes! Beer and cheddar cheese in a creamy sauce with bacon AND chicken? What’s not to love!
- 4 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 /2 cup (125 ml) lager
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk (I use 2%, but you can use skim or full cream.)*
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lager
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) good quality low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 150 grams bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of hot sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar, (add more to suit your tastes)
- Salt and/or pepper to taste, if desired
- Combine lager, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Add in the chicken breasts, cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for 2 hours if time allows, or over night for a deeper flavour.
- When ready to cook, take out of the fridge for at least 20 minutes before cooking. Heat skillet or pan over medium – high heat. Drain chicken from marinade and fry breasts in a small amount of oil until golden browned on both sides and completely cooked through the centre (about 6-8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts). Fry in batches of two if you need to.
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate.
- In the same pan, cook bacon until crisp, (about 6 minutes). Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to let drain.
- To the remaining bacon fat in the pan, add the onion and celery, and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. (If there is no remaining bacon fat, melt the butter in the pan instead). Then add garlic and cook until fragrant, (about 1 minute).
- GET FULL RECIPE>>https://thedirtygyro.com/creamy-beer-cheese-chicken-with-crispy-bacon-no-heavy-cream/