Skinny Sesame Chicken with a spicy and sweet thick glazed flavored with sesame oil is the perfect diet takeout copycat recipe!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast boneless and skinless (cut into 1″ chunks)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon room temperature water
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
|Weight Watcher Skinny Sesame Chicken|
- Add the canola oil to a heavy skillet on high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned and crisp.
- Remove the chicken, add in the sesame oil and heat.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and crushed red peppers and cook for 10-15 seconds.
- Add in the chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar and corn starch slurry.
- Cook until thickened and reduced before adding in the chicken and combining.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
This recipes is adapted from https://cookingmadehealthy.com