Amazing homemade moist meatloaf recipe. The meatloaf is so tender and juicy on the inside with a sweet and tangy glaze that adds so much flavor to the meatloaf.
- 2 lb ground beef preferably not lean ground beef
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- 4 slices of fresh bread food processed
- 2 pinches dry parsley
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup beef broth I used Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups red onion diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground thyme
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp pepper optional
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar about 4-5 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover the entire top and sides of a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. See notes. Fill a baking sheet or sheet pan with water and place it on the very bottom shelve in the oven.
- Add the vegetable oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, enough add the onions and cook until softened about 6-8 minutes. A minute before the onions are done, add the garlic.
- Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Remove the onions and garlic from the skillet and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- To a small bowl add the fresh breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth. Mix gently. Let the breadcrumbs soak for 5 minutes.
- To a bowl add the ketchup, pepper, and brown sugar. Mix well. Reserve for later.
- Use a bowl big enough for the ground beef and breadcrumb mixture. Add the ground beef to the bowl with all the seasonings, salt, and pepper. Add the breadcrumb mixture, onions and garlic and gently mix.
- Place the beef on the baking sheet lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil or line it with parchment paper. Shape the beef into a loaf. Pour only half of the brown sugar ketchup over the meatloaf. Put the meatloaf on the shelf right above the pan with water.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the temperature on your meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover the meatloaf with the remaining ketchup glaze and serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.