Here’s a recipe for Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast that is both flavorful and healthy:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into each chicken breast by making a horizontal slit along the thickest part of the breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place 2-3 asparagus spears into each chicken breast pocket.
- Use a small spoon to stuff the cream cheese mixture into the chicken breast pockets, pressing gently to ensure they are filled.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is tender.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breas