- 4 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chicken soup base (I use L.B. Jamison)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 thin spears asparagus, diagonally cut into 2″ pieces, blanched
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Prepare bow tie pasta according to package directions.
How To Make Creamy Pasta with Asparagus & Bacon:
In 9″ skillet melt butter. Add minced garlic and sauté for one minute.
Stir in Parmesan cheese and soup base until blended, and then slowly stir in heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and toss until pasta is coated. Fold in asparagus. Sprinkle with bacon, pine nuts, parsley, and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.