Since the kitchen is full of pots and pans in which cooking and frying takes place, the effects of oil and steam extend to many pieces of furniture, including cabinets.
In order to maintain them and clean them properly, we offer the following methods that make them clean and grease-free.
1. Degrease kitchen cabinets with apple cider vinegar:
– Make a mixture of equal parts cider vinegar and water and bring it to the boil.
– After letting the mixture cool, soak a sponge in it and apply it to clean your kitchen furniture.
– Then rinse with a damp sponge to get rid of any residue.
2. Dishwashing liquid and white vinegar:
– Mix two cups of hot water and one cup of white vinegar then add 2 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid.
– Rub the cabinet doors as well as the wooden walls using a sponge soaked in this mixture.
– Rinse them with another damp sponge.
– To reach difficult corners, use an old toothbrush soaked in the same solution.
– For greater effectiveness, polish wooden doors with mineral oil.
3. Marseille soap:
– Dissolve a tablespoon of liquid Marseille soap in lukewarm water.
– Using a sponge soaked in this solution, clean the cabinet doors.
-Use a damp cloth to rinse and remove traces of treated grease.
– This method can also be used to clean wooden furniture without damaging it.
4. Clean Lacquered Kitchen Cabinets:
– Make a mixture of a little linseed oil, turpentine and flour.
– Soak a cloth with this mixture and apply it to clean lacquered cabinets.
– Linseed oil helps you protect furniture and enhance it, and flour helps you get rid of traces of grease.