Incorporating natural ingredients such as baking soda and vinegar into the cleaning routine seems to be a new trend that is increasingly popular among many households.
However, this is not new, these two powerful ingredients have been proven to work for quite some time now. Even at the time of our grandparents who happily used them for all household chores.
Their big advantage: they are 100% natural, ecological, biodegradable and above all economical. A great alternative to expensive products on the market full of chemicals.
Nowadays, thanks to the popularity of certain social networks, like Instagram and TikTok, natural remedies and tips are on the rise again.
We owe everything to chemistry, since each of these compounds has particular characteristics that serve different purposes when cleaning various surfaces and furniture, including the refrigerator or fridge.
Now find out how you can deep clean the refrigerator and eliminate bad odors for good with baking soda and vinegar.
This product, mixed with a little water, is perfect for cleaning drawers and areas in contact with fresh food. His strength? Not only does it degrease and disinfect, but it also helps to shine transparent materials such as plastic and glass, frequently present in interior shelves and compartments for storing different products. Not to mention that it is an effective deodorizer to make all unpleasant odors disappear!
With baking soda
Odorless and being a powerful descaler, baking soda is perfect for cleaning refrigerator walls and floors. Not only will it remove any type of dirt, but it will also help eliminate bad odors, which are very common in this appliance.
We bet you might already have these two ingredients at home. Now all you have to do is put these two products together to thoroughly clean your refrigerator and say goodbye to all those annoying scents.
Steps to Clean the Refrigerator with Baking Soda and Vinegar
1. First, take out all the food you have in the fridge and check its expiration date. If they are no longer in good condition, even if it hurts, throw them away.
2. Remove all shelves to start cleaning from the deepest part of the refrigerator. This will help clean the more hidden parts more easily.
3. Prepare a mixture of 5 tablespoons of baking soda with 2 cups of water and, using a brush or cloth, clean the walls and floor of the refrigerator. Do the same with the freezer.
4. When finished, prepare an all-purpose cleaner with 1 cup of vinegar and two cups of water. With this effective mixture, clean drawers and shelves. Don’t add any special perfume or flavoring to the solution: you definitely don’t want your cheese to taste like lavender when you take it out of the fridge.
5. Also clean the door and the handle with the vinegar preparation.
6. Store food using this process: Place what needs to be eaten quickly in the front and what has a longer shelf life in the back.
As you can see, cleaning the fridge, as our grandmothers did, will bring you surprising results. Better yet, by using eco-friendly products, you’ll help take care of the planet. Pretty satisfying, right?