Growing vegetables at home requires a lot of patience and skill. However, here is a trick that will allow you to easily grow potatoes at home.
To grow potatoes at home, you will need:
- Wooden construction boards;
- Pre-germinated potatoes: pre-germination of the tubers of this vegetable saves two to three weeks;
- Soil: a little compost to cover the potatoes when they start to grow;
- A natural fertilizer for potatoes.
How to build your own potato growing container:
24 boards (16 x 5 cm) of lumber
4 boards (30 x 5 cm) of lumber
A box of nails
Plant the 4 30cm long boards horizontally in the soil of your garden, so that they form a 16cm square.
1. Add four 16cm boards to form the base using nails. Add soil mixed with compost and plant your pre-sprouted potatoes 10cm deep.
2. Add soil and, when it reaches the surface of the board, add more. Repeat the operation until you run out of boards, adding some soil mixed with a pile of compost at the same time. Prefer slightly moist compost for best results.
3. Add potato fertilizer as you add the beds.
4. To grow your own potatoes, remove the boards that form the base of your container.
This trick will allow you to grow potatoes successfully . Once the potatoes start to grow, add compost. Water if necessary, but do not pour too much water. For best results, the container should be exposed to a sunny location. It is also recommended to start planting between March and April to get good harvests.
Do not forget :
- Space pre-sprouted potatoes well when planting them.
- Avoid planting vegetables in the same place you have already grown them.
- To always keep the soil slightly moist.
- Don’t use the same soil you used to grow the previous potatoes.