Lemons are not only super useful in the kitchen, but their pleasant aroma is used in a myriad of cleaning products, as well as air fresheners.
If you like DIY, today you will learn how to make wonderful scented candles to avoid having to buy air fresheners or other industrial products, almost always loaded with chemicals harmful to your health.
On this occasion we will make a lemon scented candle , one of the most popular, which can also be a wonderful gift for relatives and friends.
- Wax stick (1 stick for each candle)
- Lemon (peel and pulp)
- Aromatic lemon essence
- Coloring of your choice (optional)
- Pot for melting wax
- Container suitable for candles
- Waxed wick
To prepare DIY candles, it is important to have patience: if you don’t succeed the first time, give yourself a second chance.
- Start by placing the chopped wax into the melting pot.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon essence and mix well to incorporate it into the wax.
- Then add the dye of your choice to color the candle. A few drops are enough. If you don’t have coloring, you can skip this step.
- Decorate the container that will house the candle with the lemon slices and pieces.
- Finally, pour the still liquid and hot wax into the container and let it cool.
- Just before it solidifies, insert the wick, trying to place it in the center of the candle.
- Finally, let the wax cool completely.
Now that you know how to make a DIY lemon scented candle, get to work on having a wonderfully scented home.