Do you like cheese? Do you like to enjoy it at any time of the day? Are you receiving guests and don’t have time to go to the supermarket to get some? So why not do it yourself?! In fact, you can make fresh and healthier homemade cheese with just 1 liter of milk, half a lemon and yogurt.
The recipe that we will present to you will allow you to make a delicious, tasty and unctuous homemade cheese. You can also add your personal touch at the end of the preparation. It will have nothing to envy of the different cheeses on supermarket shelves.
How to make homemade cheese from milk, lemon and yogurt?
Fresh cheese, what a delight, especially if eaten so quickly prepared. On the other hand, the latter will contain less fat if you choose to use vegetable milk or soy milk during its preparation .
Read also: What are the best cheeses to use on a pizza?
Furthermore, the ingredients needed for its recipe are easy to find, you will only need a liter of milk, half a lemon and yogurt. Before starting, also remember to bring a mould, a cotton cloth, a colander and two pots . Here are the different steps to follow:
- First, heat the milk in a saucepan for 15 minutes.
- Then, add the yogurt and the juice of half a lemon and mix slowly for a few seconds, before leaving to rest for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, pour the preparation into the cotton cloth over the colander which will be placed on the pan and let it drain to separate the whey (serum) from the coagulation obtained.
- Now place your laundry and its contents in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After this time, remove the laundry from the fridge, then season the cheese according to your taste: salt, spices or aromatic herbs.
- Then put the cheese in the mold and let it rest again in the fridge for 8 hours.
- At the end of the 8 hours, you can consume your cheese.
Furthermore, and what is most interesting with this recipe is that you can use whey for the preparation of marinades, smoothies, biscuits and even bread .
Read also: This is why many cheeses are made in a round shape
Now that you know how to prepare quality fresh cheese. So you have no more excuses not to share it with your family or friends. In the end, they can only appreciate the taste of delicious fresh homemade cheese.
Read also : The trick to recognizing a quality cheese: just check this detail