It would be virtually impossible to find someone who doesn’t like fries . It is an absolutely delicious meal, simple, easy to prepare and serve both as a side dish and as a single dish.
And one of the most fundamental things that makes French fries good is how crispy they are when you eat them. Their exact point is when they are transformed into a delicious puree inside and their surface is very crispy.
We think we speak for most people when we say that cooking fries to their exact point can sometimes be a little difficult . Who hasn’t made potatoes that later turned out to be soft and far from the result we expected?
That’s why today we decided to share with you a recipe that will allow you to eat the crispiest fries ever . It’s still a very easy recipe but it has a little detail that changes everything.
? How to make the crispiest fries of all?
- Potatoes 1kg
- Sunflower oil c/n
- cold water c/n
- white vinegar 2 tbsp.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into sticks about 1 cm thick (you can leave them with the skin on but you must wash them very well).
- Place the cut potatoes in a large container and pour water to cover them.
- Add the two tablespoons of vinegar and mix a little.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. An hour would be ideal.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and dry them as much as possible (you can use a dish towel or napkins).
- Heat the oil in a pot or sauté pan suitable for frying.
- Fry the potatoes in as many batches as necessary.
- Enjoy the crispiest potatoes of all!
Simple and quick preparation. Try this way of making fries and you’ll see how leaving them in vinegar water changes everything. You won’t want to eat fries that aren’t made this way.
Sauce to accompany the crispy potatoes
Also, as it is always good to have something to “soak” the potatoes, here is a recipe to prepare a delicious sauce . This is a homemade ketchup , easy to prepare and much richer than those you buy in the supermarket.
- Tomato 1 kg (the one that comes crushed or common tomato too).
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mascabo (or brown sugar)
- salt w/n
- pepper w/n
- Finely chop the onion
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes (if whole).
- Chop the garlic.
- Put everything in a blender and blend until the ingredients are no longer identifiable.
- Pour the contents into a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- When the mixture begins to bubble, add all the other ingredients.
- Cook until the sauce is reduced and slightly thicker.
- Ready, you already have a delicious homemade ketchup!
With these quantities, you will surely have ketchup that you can package in glass jars , previously sterilized. This way you will have ketchup for the next time you decide to make fries.
To remove any type of bacteria from the jars, you need to boil them for 10 minutes (with their lids on) then spray the insides with alcohol. Then all you have to do is fill them with whatever sauce you have left. Remember to store the filled jars in the refrigerator.
Now yes, you have the fries and also a delicious homemade ketchup to accompany them. Try this recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!