Did you know that regular cleaning of the washing machine is as important as the role of the latter? And did you know that you already have everything you need to maintain this same device? We’re talking about your bottle of white vinegar. This is THE product of choice if you want to thoroughly clean your washing machine while saving money. We tell you everything!
Have you ever thought about putting vinegar in the washing machine? NO ? Well, you will benefit from reconsidering this today. White vinegar is a very useful product both in cooking and cleaning. Its intrinsic properties give it a versatility that comes at the right time in many situations. Like bicarbonate, another multipurpose product, it can solve more than one problem! In this article in this case, we will focus on its very practical cleaning power to maintain the washing machine. Follow the guide for optimal cleaning!
Pour white vinegar into your washing machine to clean and descale it while saving money
Hey yes! Cleaning your washing machine before the next wash has a positive impact on your electricity bill, particularly by allowing the appliance to be descaled. White vinegar is a cleaner that allows the appliance to use less water. To take advantage of all this and save precious money, nothing could be simpler! Follow the steps below:
- Before moving on to the white vinegar washing machine cleaner, clean the drum first. Spray the filler, then wipe with a damp microfiber cloth. It is important to take care of this area because it accumulates different elements such as water, soap residue or even mold.
- Program the washing machine at the maximum level and maximum water temperature
- Pour two glasses of white vinegar into the fabric softener compartment
- Run the machine idle
- Activate a second vacuum and high temperature cycle then add half a glass of bicarbonate inside the basket.
- After the cycle is finished, use a clean, damp cloth to clean the machine’s drum
- If you wish, you can also give the exterior of the car a shot and kill two birds with one stone!
This way you will not only have eliminated mold and bacteria, but you will also have gotten rid of bad odors in your appliance. A well-maintained, limescale-free washing machine means that it will be much less prone to malfunctions which are themselves responsible for increasing your energy bill. And this is also how we improve the life of the machine. The advantages are therefore numerous and it’s all good for your car and your laundry! He’s smart, right?
What is the ideal amount of white vinegar to clean the washing machine?
The recommended amount of white vinegar to effectively clean your washing machine is ½ cup. Add it to every empty wash cycle. Get into this habit and save water and energy while improving the life of your washing machine.
How to use baking soda to descale and clean your washing machine?
Sodium bicarbonate shines with undeniable disinfectant and anti-limescale capabilities. The proof remains with white vinegar, one of the most important ingredients for descaling the washing machine, precisely this… For an always sanitized washing machine, zoom in on the procedure to follow:
- Add a glass of baking soda to the inside of the drum
- Run an idle cycle at 90 degrees for 2 minutes before stopping it
- 1 hour later, pour 1 glass of white vinegar inside the fabric softener compartment before starting another 90 degree vacuum cycle. This is what will allow you to eradicate any remaining residue
- Using a cloth soaked in white vinegar, remove stubborn encrustations on the corners of the appliance (basket seals, window and external surface of the appliance).
- All that remains is to rinse and dry with a clean, dry cloth.
How to eliminate bad odors from the washing machine?
When can you put white vinegar in the washing machine?
If you don’t already know, white vinegar is a very effective ingredient for naturally disinfecting and cleaning your laundry. Not only does it pride itself on perpetuating the efficiency of your machine by keeping it deep, but it is also a great alternative to fabric softeners! Unlike the latter, which can damage your laundry if overused, white vinegar keeps your clothes in good condition by giving them softness. An ecological gesture that combines efficiency and respect for the environment but also savings. Simple, practical and economical!
Keep in mind, dear readers, that it is important to regularly maintain your washing machine and white vinegar is the best solution! Using it once every two to three months should be enough to properly care for your device.
Cleaning the washing machine – FAQ
Where do bad washing machine smells come from?
They are mainly caused by mold buildup from detergent, improper disposal of detergent residue, a dirty detergent drawer, a washer door closed too long, or even a clogged filter.
How do I clean my washing machine?
To clean your machine nothing could be simpler, you can use descaler products such as vinegar to clean the filters, seals and detergent drawer. Also remember to regularly check the water inlet and outlet pipes and clean them if necessary.
How can I get rid of a bad smell from my washing machine?
It is easily eliminated by cleaning the filter, the basket, the gaskets, the detergent drawer and the water inlet and outlet pipes.